Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hour Glass

Moments and memories in time dance in the firelight,
Licking into ash like gray on a grayer gray.
I am still.
Plunged into the cold undisturbed pool of darkness.
Watching my past float away into the starry night sky.

They never call me back...

I sit placid and alone, you'd never guess I'm watching the grains of my life slip through the hourglass, each one filled with such a melancholy I couldn't even begin to describe.

Tears are not enough for this heart still so full of pain, seared by the flames, taking my memories out to be washed clean away by the many rains.

I am losing myself to the shadows. 
Locked within myself, my lips producing only silence... I'm too full to scream.
I am defeated.
Watching the rain outside my fire I am nothing.

A.J. Downey
12-17-2000

No comments:

Post a Comment