Friday, June 24, 2011

Lost in a Mental Circus

I am lost inside my own head.
Reflections of my past are trapping me inside a twisted house of mirrors.
This is a carnival of demented horrors, like none before seen, it is the echo of my mind.
The shards of my soul.
The shades of people long gone laugh at me, the freak show, the one who caused their misery.

I dared to turn the key, now I've fallen down the rabbit's hole to the three ring circus that comprises my thoughts.
My last ray of hope is surrounded by killer clowns.
The ringmaster with his claws and fetid breath will destroy me from the inside I know.

I am lost inside my own head, nobody's home and I am locked out.
I trip on my own spine I claw at my own eyes.

Make the visions stop.

I am lost in the labyrinth.
Someone save me from myself!
I face forward, or is it backward?
Give me release!
Things are bizarre and frightening here, I can't escape.

I don't think so.
Think what?
Oh God help me, there will be no answer, there will be no rescue.
After all, this is my head we're talking about isn't it?

A.J. Downey
01-28-1999

No comments:

Post a Comment