Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Slopes of Insanity

Sliding down a slope of insanity I wonder how long it will take me to reach nothing... silence, emptiness, and the end to which I deserve.

As I slip and slide down insanity's slick surface I marvel at the strangeness of it all, the alien landscape, the deafening silence of loss and remorse for who I am and for what I have done, for what I have become.

Trying not to think, the tears shred my face in long red tracks of subtlety.
Crying solves nothing and this land of terror and destruction eats me alive.
I try to scrabble away from the pit of despair up the face of insanity, but it's hard, tough to escape from yourself, from what's inside you, your head, your mind, your heart, your soul...

Living in fear of yourself.

A.J. Downey
05-25-2000

No comments:

Post a Comment