Saturday, June 25, 2011

Rain Watching

Wasted time, watching the rain fall like my tears once did.

Missing your touch, your breath, the warmth of your body, your heart, your soul next to mine.

I watch the rain, and as I trail my fingertips down the cool pane of glass,
I miss the thick, heavy silk of your hair.
How it would slide through my fingers and caress my palms when I ran my hands through it.

I close my eyes and breathe deep.
I can almost catch the intoxicating scent that is wholly you.
That musky mixture of incense, soap, cigarettes and masculinity.

I close my eyes and think only of hands.
Your strong, heavy, beautiful hands.
Caressing my face, resting on my hips...

I am suddenly aware of how cold and empty I feel.

I continue watching the rain fall outside my window.
Standing wrapped in a thin blanket of memories.
Little comfort.
To watch the rain is to gaze into your eyes, light and beautiful in my minds eye...

I miss the laughter, the light touching, the understanding, the pleasure.

I miss looking up at you and seeing the light and shadow of your soul bared to me as you listened to the sounds you brought from my lips.

I miss you so...

I miss having you close and inside me.

I miss you, and as I think of you I hug myself tighter and watch the rain fall like my tears once did... and do now.

A.J. Downey
09-24-1999

No comments:

Post a Comment