Friday, June 24, 2011

A Shattered Hope

As I lay awake I wonder, what's becoming of us?
Are we still strong or have we somehow drifted apart?
I want so much to be a part of your life but you seem to be pushing me away with each passing day.
I can't stand this everlasting pain that I am feeling and have been feeling for so long.
You're hiding from me and from the world behind a curtain of dark secrets.
In your own sanctuary and place of peace, only you can break it but of course I am hiding too,
Behind a curtain of my own tears and the shattered pieces of my heart.

Every day I struggle against what has been inflicted upon us.
When I think back to when you first came into my life...
You brought with you an Armageddon of the heart.

I sometimes wonder will we still be together after all of this or will we fall apart and each disappear into the blackness?

I guess I'll just have to wait, for what I don't know.

A beginning, an ending or a continuation?

A.J. Downey
12-30-1998

No comments:

Post a Comment